# 010542Litigation Inn of Court May 2010: When You Think You’ve Killed the Beast You’d Better Make Sure It’s Really Dead, and Other Bits of Wisdom: Cutting Edge Mediation and Settlement Strategies, Techniques, Hazards and Hints to Help You Close the Deal
This program will present a lively discussion of mediation and settlement issues significant to any legal practitioner engaged in the art and science of alternative dispute resolution. Our distinguished panel of presenters will explore topics including:
- The most effective and least effective negotiation techniques
- The mediation privilege: Its scope and practical impact
- The mediator’s toolbox: Joint sessions and sequential caucuses, baseball, dutch auctions, etc.
- Finding value in an unsuccessful mediation
- Handling opponents (or clients) who fail to mediate in good faith
- Documentation and enforcement of mediated settlements.
Inn membership is required to attend. Please click here to join.