# 011629Recent Developments in the Legal Landscape of Real Estate Finance
Join us as our three distinguished speakers present their annual update, which has become a tradition and an essential resource for practitioners in the field of real estate finance. This past year, the following case law developments have caused real estate lawyers to raise their eyebrows in wonderment and (occasionally) shock:
- Foreclosure as a preferential transfer?
- Secured lender not entitled to credit bid in a bankruptcy sale free and clear of liens?
- Failure to make a loan payment on an underwater loan results in triggering full recourse?
- Choice of New York law for loan secured by California real estate not enforceable?
- Recordation of assignment of deed of trust to true holder of promissory note not required prior to initiation of nonjudicial foreclosure?
These are just a few of the many somewhat startling developments that will be explored at this program.