# 011662Hot Topics in California Real Estate Law: Top 10 Real Estate and Title Cases of 2011-12
This year’s program is a joint presentation of the General Real Estate and Title Insurance subsections and will highlight 10 of the most important real estate and title cases of the past year. Speakers O’Malley M. Miller, Ryan C. Squire, and Ben W. Howell will emphasize how recent judicial decisions will impact real estate and title insurance practices in the coming years, including a discussion of:
- The impact of the California Supreme Court landmark decision disbanding redevelopment agencies in California.
- An appellate decision holding that the Subdivision Map Act does not affect the title owned by an insured under a title policy.
- A U.S. Supreme Court decision that has been hailed as one of the most significant environmental rulings in years.
- A judicial decision that calls into question fundamental assumptions about lien priority.
- Important decisions revealing traps for the unwary under California’s usury laws.